Monday, July 13, 2009

Nobody likes you when you're 23.


So I started an entry a little while ago saying that my new mantra is "class promiscuity". I think there's a reason I never finished it. I'm moving to Miami next month...maybe I'll change my ways then. For now, I'm enjoying every minute of slutdom.

Its a shame I haven't been keeping up with this, because if I had, you'd know that for the past 3 weeks I'd been stressing about my birthday celebration. A friend and I have the same birthday and for the past three years we've been having joint birthdays, but this year we were having major disagreements over a venue.

Well I was mad, but Paco picked the best place ever. Open bar, 8th grade dance music, and a really fun crowd. Oh, did I mention open bar? That might explain why despite having a hotel room mere blocks from the bar, I woke up in Brooklyn. It might also explain why when I texted my two friends who were supposed to be staying in the hotel with me to find out what time check out was, one responded, "I don't know, I'm in Hoboken" and there other said, "Where are you, I'm in Jersey City". It was a trifecta of sorts. According to Blink 182, nobody likes you when you're 23...I'm finding, people like me more. I'm hoping that was the start to an excellent year. I want to be single forever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's really something in the number 23... When I was 21 or 22, I was proud saying "I'm 21 or 22". But when i turned 23 last week, i felt ashamed of it. It felt like I'm old or something.

My best buddy (a girl) is turning 24 in September but early this year, whenever she's asked how old is she, she always say, "I'm turning 24 this year." She rarely says she's 23.

I wonder why?