Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bienvenidos a Miami!



I made it! I made the move from New Jersey, my home of 23 years to Miami. I arrived Saturday afternoon and I'm still deciding what to make of it. So far:

I love
  • my apartment
  • my internship
  • the endless possibilities & opportunities I have being in a new city knowing absolutely no one.
  • the fact that no one knows me

I like
  • the heat
  • spanish EVERYWHERE
  • sitting poolside reading a book
I hate
  • the torrential downpour that comes 3 times daily without any sort of warning.
  • the frogs. They're cute during the day, but at night they make this horrific noise and since my apartment overlooks the pond I hear it all night long.
  • the traffic
  • and on that note...the drivers. People may complain about Jersey drivers, but never have I ever seen a car facing the wrong way on 95 in NJ. Number of times I've seen it in Miami since I arrived: 2.
  • my friends/family aren't here and I miss my mommy.
It's too early to make any kind of judgment. I was in hysterics the first night. When I called my mom to say goodnight, I got all choked up and had to hang up abruptly to keep her from worrying. I haven't cried much since that first night though. It is somewhat overwhelming to think that there's not a soul in this city I can call a friend, but that will quickly change I'm sure. I'm full of optimism.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Oh good luck. That would be a bit daunting at least your love/like lists out weight the hate. That is always a good sign. :)

mylittle20slife said...

How exciting!! Best of luck! I'm sure you will make lots of new friends soon.